Friday, February 09, 2007

Embrace life's imperfections

Are you a perfectionist? Never satisfeid? What did you feel when you noticed that typo?

Since reading "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" many years ago, I've tried to take this mantra to heart: 'embrace life's imperfections'. If you're mathematically-minded, think of the following formula:
stress = the difference between expectation and reality.

We only ever progress when we learn to fall down and pick ourselves up again. I'd never considered that my brother would end up writing a book of his experiences of 'falling down', but he's just received his first reviews on Amazon, and I can't describe how proud I am.

Congratulations, Mark, on a fantastic new book, not forgetting your website to help share the wonder and magic of life with the world!

No comments: